When performed by the doctors at South Coast Specialty, patients undergoing gastric bypass or other bariatric surgery can expect the finest care from a team of talented, experienced and board certified medical specialists. Our highly experienced medical professionals also includes surgeons who are specially trained to treat isolated problems with weight and appearance, as well as others skilled at undertaking comprehensive gastric bypass surgery.
Safer, Less Invasive Surgical Option:
1. The LAP-BAND® System can be applied to the top portion of the stomach laparoscopically using “keyhole” surgery, which offers the advantages of reduced pain, length of hospital stay and recovery period.
2. The LAP-BAND® System procedure has a lower severe complication rate perioperatively (less than 1 percent) and lower mean short-term mortality rate (0.05 percent, approximately 1/10 the mortality rate of gastric bypass).
3. The LAP-BAND® System carries fewer risks of vitamin and mineral deficiencies than gastric bypass.
4. The LAP-BAND® System has non-surgical adjustments that help the patient attain and maintain a healthy satiety level and minimize the potential for weight regain.
5. The LAP-BAND® System is reversible and it can be removed at any time.
In clinical studies of severely obese patients, the LAP-BAND® System has been demonstrated to be an effective surgical method for weight loss, improving co-morbid conditions such as Type 2 diabetes and hypertension and reducing the use of medication to treat those conditions Adjustibility helps patients sustain long-term weight loss benefits
The LAP-BAND® System is covered by most health plans including PPC Insurance
More About the Gastic Bypass:
Severe obesity can create or worsen numerous serious and debilitating diseases, including arthritis, cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Fortunately, South Coast Specialty offers a number of weight loss procedures performed by some of the finest bariatric surgeons available. Gastric bypass is a time-tested surgery performed on obese individuals that leads to substantial and long-lasting weight loss, as well as a greatly diminished desire to indulge in overeating. It works by removing a portion of the digestive tract, altering the patient’s appetite and ability to absorb calories.
In today’s world of rising medical expenses, it’s only natural for patients who may be ready to undergo a weight loss procedure to be very concerned with gastric bypass cost. Fortunately, for many patients health insurance may cover the large majority of the costs. For others, financial concerns can be addressed with our friendly and caring staff, who will gladly sit down with patients to work out a financial plan that fits well within the patient’s budget. We’re all about a patient-oriented approach here at South Coast Specialty; from the first consultation where we can handle these questions and your concerns, to our follow-up meetings after your surgery to check on your physical and mental health, we do everything in our power to make sure that you succeed.
If you are curious about gastric bypass you can schedule your complimentary consultation to determine which options are in your best interest by clicking free consultantion or calling 800-578-8521.